Building Muscle – How to Build Up Your Biceps In a Short Period of Time
Building muscle is hard work but it also depends on the genetic structure of the body. Some people seem to build muscle in no time, while others need month after month to see any positive result. Biceps are perhaps the most widely used judging tool in people’s hands to determine the progress of your work out. A few exercises are designed specifically for this muscle group and if we do these exercises systematically with concentration and dedication, you can surely have an eighteen-inch bicep within a very short period.
To get strong and big biceps, you need to lift heavy weights at low repetitions, anything from 2 to 8, depending on the exercise. The most effective form of arm training and build big biceps is pre exhausted training. When you eventually move on to train the muscle of choice it will tire very quickly and you will increase your gains in a shorter period of time.
• USE STRAIGHT BAR: Use a straight weight bar with a light amount of weight on it and curl the bar to your chest. Hold the weight for about 1 second and then release the weight back down only half the speed that you brought it up. Take a 40 second break than repeat it 4 times.
• USE HORIZONTAL BAR: Grab a fixed horizontal bar with your palms facing you and leave 4-7 inches of space between them. Lift your self up until your chin is level or over the bar than bring your self down half the speed that you came up. Take a 40 second break and repeat this 4 times.
• USE DUMBBELL: Take a set of dumbbells with a decent amount of weight. Turn your hands so your thumbs are up. You bring the weights up just like you have done with the straight bar curls. Take a 40 second break and for 4 times!
Bicep curls using dumbbell can be performed, either with both arms simultaneously or with one arm at a time. Lock the elbows into the sides of the abdomen for weight support. Slowly lifts the weight from an extended-down arm position to almost reach the shoulder, then stop, and then slowly lower the weight.
Biceps are one of the smaller muscles in your body so don’t over do them. Give them a lot of rest and that is how you build your biceps! The biceps should be worked out once every 4 to 5 days and no more.
USEFUL TIPS FOR BICEP WORKOUT
• Warm up by using a light set of dumbbells.
• Control the weight at all times.
• Perform all repetitions (reps) s to failure. This means performing the exercise until you cannot lift anymore weight.
• Do not arch your back or swing the weight up.
• Do not lock out your arms at the bottom of the curl.
In order to get big biceps, you need to eat a lots of protein (meat, eggs and fish) rich food. Protein is what makes up your muscles, and you need a lot of it for building muscle. Eat as much protein as you can; your body needs to have an excess of calories each day before you can start to build muscle. Make sure to have a protein drink or a good meal after your biceps workout. Enough rest and good food is necessary for building muscles.
Get plenty of sleep (9 hours would be good, but 8 is fine) and limit your cardiovascular workouts to 1-2 per week.